What are super balance transfer cards? Super balance transfer cards are credit cards which not only allow a credit card customer to make a normal balance transfer to pay off a credit card, but also allow a card holder to make a 0% money transfer directly into their bank account.
When a credit card customer requests a standard balance transfer, the money is transferred directly to the other credit card company to pay off the outstanding debt on the customer’s credit card.
With super balance transfer cards, when a customer requests a 0% money transfer, the money is transferred directly into the customer’s bank account.
Super balance transfer credit cards give credit card customers a choice in how to use the 0% promotional balance transfer offers, available for up to as long as 3 years or more, on certain balance transfer cards.
Super balance transfer cards can be used for example to clear an overdraft or pay off an outstanding loan with the money transferred into the customers bank account.
Super Balance Transfer Cards
There are currently over 120 UK 0% balance transfer credit cards available online. However only a small number of these credit cards are super balance transfer credit cards which allow 0% money transfers.
The following featured UK credit cards are some of the most popular super balance transfer credit cards which allows a 0% money transfer to your bank account.
- 0% interest for up to 40 Months on balance transfers from account opening
- 2.69% balance transfer fee
- 0% interest for up to 40 Months on money transfers from account opening
- 3.94% money transfer fee
- 0% interest for 3 Months on purchases from account opening
- Earn Clubcard points wherever you use your card, plus your usual points in Tesco. Terms apply
- The 0% offer is applied to any balances or money transferred within the first 90 days of opening your account
- Apply online and get a decision within 60 seconds
- Annual Fee: None
- You have an annual income of at least £5,000
- You are at least 18 years of age
- You have a good credit history
- You live in the UK, or have a British Forces Post Office address
- You don't currently hold more than 1 Tesco Bank Credit Card
- You have not applied for a Tesco Bank Credit Card in the last month or have an application currently in progress
- 0% interest for up to 41 months on balance transfers (20.9% APR thereafter)
- 3.45% balance transfer fee for the first 60 days and 5% fee thereafter
- No purchases offer with this card
- 0% interest for up to 20 months on money transfers (22.9% APR thereafter)
- 4% money transfer fee for the first 60 days and 5% fee thereafter
- You cannot transfer a balance from another MBNA card
- Annual Fee: None
- Eligibility for this credit card depends on your circumstances and the results of MBNA's eligibility check
- The product, APR and promotional offer you could get may differ from the example
- You must be aged 18 or over
- You must hold a UK bank account
- You must have been a permanent UK resident for at least 3 years
- You must have a good credit rating and credit is subject to status
With a super balance transfer card, the money transfer or “super balance transfer” is repaid in the normal way with monthly repayments.
Super balance transfer card customers need to make at least the minimum payment each month to the credit card company. No interest will be charged for the duration of the 0% introductory period, provided all the balance transfer terms and conditions are followed.
The balance transfer fees on super balance transfer credit cards are often around 1% higher for making a money transfer into your bank account, when compared with making a standard balance transfer to another credit card.